Calling all renters! If you’ll be searching for a new home in the next few months, I’m about to introduce you to your new secret weapon. Why will you need a secret weapon?
The rental market is really busy, which means the rules are changing. If you want to score a great home and avoid a lot of headache, there are a few facts you must know:
• There are more renters (read: competitors) than the last time you searched
• The best homes are rented to new tenants within a week after being listed
• Average applicants usually settle with a boring, average, or overpriced home
I’m a city renter myself, and I’m well aware of the frustrations and problems we face in the hunt for a new place. When you’re competing to rent a home that’s in great demand, you need more than the law of averages on your side.
• How do you stand apart from the other 20 people that also applied?
• How do you convey that you are the best possible tenant?
• How can you AVOID rental application hell & paying numerous application fees?
There is one easy answer for all of these questions: you need to stack the deck in your favor by being organized and standing out!
To stand out, you need a “Rental Resume”! Let me show why, and how it can drastically help you. Continue reading